Cornflake Fried Chicken
Comfort Food in Your Own Kitchen
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 2 ½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- ⅔ cup organic all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cup organic canola oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 eggs
Vegetarian and Dairy-Free Substitutions
- 1 cauliflower head chopped
- ½ cup soy, oat, or almond milk
- Combine cornflakes, flour, and all of your seasonings into a medium-sized shallow mixing bowl. Repeat this process with your eggs and milk.
- Heat your oil over medium-high heat, for about 2-3 minutes. Dip one drumstick or a few cauliflower florets into your egg mixture and then into your cornflake mixture. Remember to evenly coat your drumsticks or cauliflower.
- Add coated chicken or cauliflower florets to your hot skillet, frying for 6-8 minutes per side or until they turn a nice golden brown. Allow your chicken or cauliflower to cool for 4-6 minutes then enjoy!